Saturday, February 3, 2018
Check-In: 12 PM
Opening Ceremonies: 1 PM
Grist Iron Brewing Company
4880 NYS Route 414
Burdett, NY 14818
DRINK - COMPETE - BECOME A BEER LEGEND
Grist Iron Brewing Co. presents the 1st Annual Grist Iron Beer Olympics - a majestic day-long event of physical, mental, and beer-centric competition! Beer loving athletes from all over the region will come together and compete in a "Pint-athlon" of beer-themed challenges to earn the gold, silver, or bronze, and the chance to claim the coveted top spot as supreme beer legends.
Prize packages sponsored by:
Teams: Maximum of 10 team slots available, four athletes* per team
Registration Fee: $60 per team, includes team registration, four pints to get you started, and four team meal tickets
Events: Athletes will compete in a total of five events:
- Beer Taste Test - Bust out your beer knowledge to match beer styles and sort by IBUs
- Crowler Hold - You better leave your weak-ass arms at home!
- Plank Beer Chug - Two words: Plank. Position. Look it up, friends...
- Flip Cup Relay - The classic test of both flipping and friendships
- Keg Carry Relay - Teamwork makes the dream work :)
Team Lottery: Due to the popularity of this event (and to keep things fair), teams will be chosen lottery-style on January 19th. Those interested in competing need to register their team for the lottery by 11:59 PM on Thursday, January 18th, to be eligible. We will then randomly draw teams to fill the 10 slots for the competition. Two alternate teams will also be drawn to keep on hand in the event a team backs out (aka wussies!!).
Awards: Top three teams will receive prize packs, along with eternal beer glory:
- Gold: Gold medals, 4-pack of ski passes for Greek Peak Mountain Resort, four 64 oz. growlers filled with the Grist Iron beer of your choice, a year's worth of bragging rights, & a guaranteed spot in next year's competition to defend your title
- Silver: Silver medals and four 32 oz. Crowlers filled with the Grist Iron beer of your choice
- Bronze: Bronze medals and four beer chips to fill 16 oz. pint glasses with the Grist Iron beer of your choice
- Best Uniform: 4-pack of tubing passes for Greek Peak Mountain Resort
Lodging Option: Looking for a place to crash the night of the games? Check availability at our onsite Inn here.
Questions? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you out!
* Athletes must be at least 21 years of age to compete because this event mainly revolves around the consumption of alcohol (duh).